Wireless Apple Mouse

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I really want to get my wife a wireless Apple mouse for X'mas to go with our iBook. I checked out CompUSA and they were $69 give or take. Does anyone know where I can buy one cheaper? A Web site or store front? I know they are many off brands that are cheaper, however, I really like Apple's. Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    Quote:

Originally posted by thearnoldfam

I really want to get my wife a wireless Apple mouse for X'mas to go with our iBook. I checked out CompUSA and they were $69 give or take. Does anyone know where I can buy one cheaper? A Web site or store front? I know they are many off brands that are cheaper, however, I really like Apple's. Thanks!

That's as low as I've seen. Might want to check for used ones on craigslist in your area.

Do you have an internal bluetooth module already? (Is it a G4 iBook?) If not, don't forget to pick up an D-Link USB adapter. Apple's mouse is just the mouse, no adapter.

The signal is very strong with the Apple Wireless Mouse as opposed to my experiences with Kensington or others.

Since the USB on an iBook is on the left and I use the mouse on the right, I found the Kensington was not even sending a clear signal through the width of the iBook! However the Apple Wireless Mouse is awesome and works literally as far as 20-30 feet away with zero delay.

Pick up some rechargeable NiMH batteries and a charger:

http://www.ripvan100.com/products_recharger.htm

http://www.ripvan100.com/products_sanyo2300mah.htm

Note: this company is fast and reliable however be forewarned they insert a religious tract into each box, which is a bit unprofessional, imho. However they sell a great recharger spec-wise. :shrug:
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Yes, I have a G4 iBook. So does this mean that I have the bluetooth module already? If so, then I need to buy only the Apple wireless mouse?

Thanks for the info!
  • Reply 3 of 3
    mcqmcq Posts: 1,543member
    Unless you had BT built to order, then your iBook doesn't have it. You'd need to buy an adapter in addition to the mouse.