Dead pixels on iMac?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I have a (possibly stupid) question about iMacs and their displays. I know from having bought PowerBooks that occasionally you can get dead pixels, and that you are not allowed to turn them on before buying to make sure there are none. Additionally, Apple won't replace a screen unless something like 6 or more pixels are out because to produce 100% perfect displays would mean they would be much more expensive.

The last PowerBook I bought had a dead pixel. Just one but it's in the center of the screen and it annoys me. Since iMacs use LCDs as well, do I have the same probability of getting a dead pixel on one of those? I am considering purchasing one and want to be informed beforehand so I know what to expect.

Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    ryukyuryukyu Posts: 450member
    There's always a chance of a dead pixel in ANY lcd panel, but there's also a good chance there won't be any.

Between the 2 Apple displays that I own, and my numerous friends that have either Apple displays or laptops, I haven't seen even one dead pixel yet.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    The possibilty of a dead pixels exists so small it is only...in your imagination...
  • Reply 3 of 4
    My daughters new Gameboy Advance has a dead pixel. Oh well it happens.

• Reply 4 of 4
    Thanks for the replies. I will just hope for the best.