Stretching 16:9 video to 16:10 on a 23" via DVD player?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Hello.

Is it possible to get apple's dvd player to stretch a 16:9 DVD to full screen on the 23"?

Thanks

-taco

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    cosmocosmo Posts: 662member
    I don't think you can do this with DVD player. Try using VLC. Its harder to use, but i know that it can stretch video.

why do you need to stretch it to full screen? I for one can't stand it when video is stretched from its intended aspect ratio.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by Cosmo

I don't think you can do this with DVD player. Try using VLC. Its harder to use, but i know that it can stretch video.

why do you need to stretch it to full screen? I for one can't stand it when video is stretched from its intended aspect ratio.

I have a client that was trying to "demo" a 23" and wanted to play DVD video full screen so I was looking for a solution.

I have a much better demo for the 23" for them (1900 x 1080 HD), but I'm away on holiday until Jan. 9th- so I was looking for a quick fix.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    I'm not quite sure I understand -- why not just select full screen (command-0) from the video menu?
  • Reply 4 of 4
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    If a demo is the goal, I'd think you'd want something with more resolution than a DVD.