just got my new PowerBook battery - install?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Is there a specific way to charge a brand new battery? Should I recharge it all the way, then fully discharge? I want to make sure I do this RIGHT, as the battery that came with my PBG4 was a bastard and started going wonky right after the 3 month period, and finally, after 10.3.7, stays at 0%. Won't charge a single percent, when I unplug off goes the screen. So is there a certain procedure? I can't find the documentation for my laptop at the moment and I believe there was a specific way to do this. Official linkage would help me feel better! I looked on Apple and haven't found anything yet. Thanks AI!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    :-):-) Posts: 110member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aquatic

Is there a specific way to charge a brand new battery? Should I recharge it all the way, then fully discharge? I want to make sure I do this RIGHT, as the battery that came with my PBG4 was a bastard and started going wonky right after the 3 month period, and finally, after 10.3.7, stays at 0%. Won't charge a single percent, when I unplug off goes the screen. So is there a certain procedure? I can't find the documentation for my laptop at the moment and I believe there was a specific way to do this. Official linkage would help me feel better! I looked on Apple and haven't found anything yet. Thanks AI!

You got it right, link to apple

:-)
  • Reply 2 of 3
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Sigh. I always ask the dumbest questions. I remember seeing that page even when I was trying to fix it. Don't know why I couldn't get to it. Thanks. So I guess this even applies to brand new batteries?
  • Reply 3 of 3
    :-):-) Posts: 110member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aquatic

So I guess this even applies to brand new batteries?

Yes, or at least they write the same thing in the manuals they ship with new laptops...

:-)