iPod mini model numbers differ

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I don't know if this is supossed to be like this but when i go in the iPod's about screen on the settings menu, the model number of the iPod mini is M9160X (which is the same as on the iPod mini box and on the apple website, but on the back of the iPod mini's case the model number is A1051. i have searched on the apple website for that model number and no results are found. can someone please explain to me why this is so?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    Quote:

Originally posted by spilla

I don't know if this is supossed to be like this but when i go in the iPod's about screen on the settings menu, the model number of the iPod mini is M9160X (which is the same as on the iPod mini box and on the apple website, but on the back of the iPod mini's case the model number is A1051. i have searched on the apple website for that model number and no results are found. can someone please explain to me why this is so?

i'd jsut be stoked about having a mini.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    yes i am stoked actually, but i read a rumor that apple have been shipping 5gb iPod mini's to keep up demand but with a block that resricts the extra hard-drive use...i just thought it could have been one of these just with old firmware.