who hates the cockroaches?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I don't know about everyone else, but the flash ads on AppleInsider with the cockroaches are really starting to get to me. It's like it's the only ad I ever get, and is utterly distracting. Anyone else feel this way?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
  • Reply 2 of 12
    stoostoo Posts: 1,490member
    I get nothing but ads for the UK's Fastest Growing Singles Network.

I can see how The Internet has deduced my location, but I'm not sure how it figured out I'm single.
  • Reply 3 of 12
    ishawnishawn Posts: 364member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Stoo

I get nothing but ads for the UK's Fastest Growing Singles Network.

I can see how The Internet has deduced my location, but I'm not sure how it figured out I'm single.

50 / 50 chance.
  • Reply 4 of 12
    i hate the cockroaches. i was sitting here, and one of them creeped up, and almost scared the piss out of me!
  • Reply 5 of 12
    19841984 Posts: 955member
    Not nearly as bad as the dreaded House Centipede. Now those are creepy.
  • Reply 6 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

Pithhelmet.

YOU have improved my life.

flick.
  • Reply 7 of 12
    ... and then there was a movie called Joe's apartment...
  • Reply 8 of 12
    gene cleangene clean Posts: 3,481member
    I hate all ads. Though I use Adblock, it still gives me trouble when I visit AI as I need to refresh several times to display the Board Index.

Sometimes it starts loading and it loads forever... until I refresh, and sometimes it loads the index and keeps refreshing by itself until I quit Firefox and start it again.

This only happens in AI so I'm guessing its some kind of a bug with the ads.
  • Reply 9 of 12
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    I'm not very fond of roaches either, but when you need a joint, you need a joint.
  • Reply 10 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by Relic

I'm not very fond of roaches either, but when you need a joint, you need a joint.

ah, wise words.
  • Reply 11 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by Relic

true, true
  • Reply 12 of 12
    spindlerspindler Posts: 713member
    Ya, it's not really what I want to see. But it's much better than when AI had that add about child abuse and getting burned by the electric coil on the stove. I wish we could get back to the old days when people were more sensitive about these things.