A Few Months Into It

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
You know... I guess this could be one of those ....and I am a mac user." things but I just wanted to comment about Mac Help, and a few other things.

In the switch to mac, I've found only a few problems.

1)I once got the sick mac when starting up for it somehow forgot what to look for when starting up with, and was fixed easily with the install CD.

2)My Firepod firewire recording interface, when plugged in produced a high-pitched sound from the lower right hand corner of the powerbook... I asked around and an install of CHUD tools with "napping" the processor fixes the problem whenever I go to record.... I really hope Apple fixes this.

But most of my problems have trying to figure out what the equivalent is to a Windows, like erasing a disk, moving things, etc. And all, which have been easily found, have been found in Mac Help. I don't remember my computer being able to help me out when I was trying to do something, like the mac does and it seems to know whatever I want to do. I guess that is an internet connection, but whatever it is, the database is actually useful. I would have never thought.

I think if a non-computer savvy user was to pick between interfaces, I would imagine if they looked past the price and rumors of Macs, they'd be more satisfied than with Windows... especially in the days and ages of Spyware, Viruses, Trojans, and other junk that plauges computers. For, Mac Help really can answer almost anything I've ran across. And things seem to be more where they are than their windows counterparts. There has been so many times when my grandparents and my own mother (fortuately, my father programs so he understands computers) get confused with Window's way of organizing things with C drives, D optical drives, etc. Fortuately, with a Mac, they are labled exactly what you want to lable them, and whatever you copy or past or plug in usally shows up right into the desktop... that would be helpful to people like my mother. And with rumours of a headless iMac which would be cheaper it would even appeal to people like my mother and others who want to get into the world. But that might welcome the people who want to create viruses and such.... which would be bad (Other than since there isn't many Mac users, are those kinds of things harder to write for macs?)

Just kudos to mac, for I don't remember being able to get an answer from my computer when I had an XP. And I am very excited when Tiger is out and (hopefully) gets enough reviews and goodness that I will get it myself.