FTP, Linksys and Airport

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
This one I can't figure out. I currently have a Linksys wireless B router (ver 4) in use with my PowerBook (10.3.4, Airport Extreme) as well as my Compaq Presario 2800 (WinXP Pro). I have a DSL modem connection through TELUS (in Canada). Everytime I try and FTP (using a wide variety of FTP clients like Transmit, Captain FTP, etc) on the Powerbook, transfers begin (either up or down) but at some point during a transfer it "stalls" or hangs the connection, causing me to reset the router everytime to get a connection back. However, I have zero FTP issues on the Compaq, as I can upload/download folders from the exact same servers with no problems. Any ideas?

When I disable Airport and connect to the network through a wired connection, I have no issues with FTP.

Also, when I'm at the office, connecting wirelessly to a D-Link router or a Microsoft router, I have no FTP issues. It's just at home with the Linksys connecting wirelessly. Because of this, I have a feeling it has something to do with Airport.

My router settings are: Basic Rates (1-2-5.5-11 Mbps), Control TX (1-2-5.5-11), MTU (disabled).