iChat video to audio

jbljbl
Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
My parents finally got DSL, and I would like to be able to use iChat with them. Specifically, I would like to use the video so that they can see their grandson. The problem is that they don't have a digital video camera. We can do audio chat but the video option is grayed out. I am pretty sure I saw something about being able to do chats that went video in one direction and audio in the other but now I can't find anything. Is this possible and how?

Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Quote:

Originally posted by JBL

My parents finally got DSL, and I would like to be able to use iChat with them. Specifically, I would like to use the video so that they can see their grandson. The problem is that they don't have a digital video camera. We can do audio chat but the video option is grayed out. I am pretty sure I saw something about being able to do chats that went video in one direction and audio in the other but now I can't find anything. Is this possible and how?

Thanks!

As long as both have video supported iChats with this supported feature ... I'm not sure if the the first version of iChat AV has this ...

Select their name, go to Buddies menu, then click on "Invite to One-way Video Chat".
  • Reply 2 of 3
    jbljbl Posts: 555member
    D'uh. I should have been able to figure that out.

Thanks!
  • Reply 3 of 3
    dfilerdfiler Posts: 3,420member
    You can also right-click or control-click on a buddy to access this feature.