iWalk is fake.

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Who thinks this thing is fake?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 87
    IMHO this thing is fake. The interface is way too Newton like and there appears to be no color on the LCD. The movie is convieniantly short and not very telling. Why demo a secret Apple product for 5 seconds?
  • Reply 2 of 87
    macaddictmacaddict Posts: 1,055member
    Mark, we have a prime oppurtunity for the inaugural thread lock.
  • Reply 3 of 87
    scottibscottib Posts: 381member
    Agreed.

For one thing, the clock's not in sync. It says 10:52 in the title bar area and 10:51 in the Day/Date area.
  • Reply 4 of 87
    The big Apple logo protrudes too much onto the screen.
  • Reply 5 of 87
    The video is strange. Why not pick up the device and show it on all sides? Why does it seem locked down to the "wood" desktop?

This seems almost too slick and well lit to be "covert" video. It has a professional production feel... almost as if it's an Apple demo video.
  • Reply 6 of 87
    cobracobra Posts: 253member
    Fake.

Apple is just not going to let leaks happen.

No way.

But, it was a decent effort though.
  • Reply 7 of 87
    kcmackcmac Posts: 1,051member
    picture of it on the web for 2 months.

Fake.....
  • Reply 7 of 87
    scottibscottib Posts: 381member
    No it's fakey, fake, fake. The script was After Effected in. Towards the end, look really closely at the lines @ "Say hello..." It's a layer.
  • Reply 9 of 87
    "Reintroducing the Newton 2100, completely un-updated except for a clumsy, awkward case".

God, I certainly *hope* that's a crude hoax.
  • Reply 10 of 87
    yeah, yeah. the more you look at it, the more you realize it's too good looking to come out of a secret meeting. notice how the camera and the device are locked down... perfectly still. that was so they could animate the screen. speaking of the screen... what LCD looks like that?
  • Reply 11 of 87
    count me in: fake.
  • Reply 12 of 87
    Its a complete fake. If you watch the video at normal speed but in full screen mode, you can see the pda moves slightly as it is written on, but the text does not move with the pda. Totally FAKE. FAKE FAKE FAKE
  • Reply 13 of 87
    nebrienebrie Posts: 483member
    What bugs me the most is how many people will look at this and still say that it's real. I mean with the original iWalk, despite the overwhelming presence of 3d blunders, the iWalk still managed to make it onto several tv news reports and several professional online news articles.

It's like we need a site just to point out every blunder in there and shove it in their faces before they'll get it....
  • Reply 14 of 87
    Fake. Is it just me or who gives a rip if they release this after the hype? That would not blow me away. PDAs have there place, but I don't want one and could care less if Apple put one out.
  • Reply 15 of 87
    reidreid Posts: 190member
    Okay, have you seen the other videos and pictures posted? If that's a fake, it's the coolest and best fake ever. The bootup.mov, which shows the image on the screen rotating with a quick spin of the dial - amazing. And, it DOES have a color screen, with an OS X style interface. My guess: $799?
  • Reply 16 of 87
    erbiumerbium Posts: 354member
    No fake... Go see for yourself....!!!
  • Reply 16 of 87
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    [quote]Originally posted by Reid:

<strong>Okay, have you seen the other videos and pictures posted? If that's a fake, it's the coolest and best fake ever. The bootup.mov, which shows the image on the screen rotating with a quick spin of the dial - amazing. And, it DOES have a color screen, with an OS X style interface. My guess: $799?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Reid, post the bootup vid, i cant get it to work!!

thanks

-Paul
  • Reply 18 of 87
    kcmackcmac Posts: 1,051member
    a scrollwheel to turn the screen?

Come on...I don't think Apple would use the scroll just for that if that at all. Can't imagine writing on the screen, accidentally hitting the wheel...oops. Screen flipped to new orientation.

I would've loved some type of a scroll wheel or buttons on my 2100 to scroll through names at least. I can't see Apple making such a blunder with the wheel shown here.
  • Reply 19 of 87
    [quote]Originally posted by psantora:

<strong>

Reid, post the bootup vid, i cant get it to work!!

thanks

-Paul</strong><hr></blockquote>

Download both the bootup and the turnaround vids. When you open up bootup, choose the search option, and find turnaround. The movie will then play. Bizzarre.
  • Reply 20 of 87
    [quote]Originally posted by kcmac:

<strong>a scrollwheel to turn the screen?

Come on...I don't think Apple would use the scroll just for that if that at all. Can't imagine writing on the screen, accidentally hitting the wheel...oops. Screen flipped to new orientation.

I would've loved some type of a scroll wheel or buttons on my 2100 to scroll through names at least. I can't see Apple making such a blunder with the wheel shown here.</strong><hr></blockquote>

That's something Apple would definately not do. Incredibly horrible design and dubious usability and asthetics. A huge blunder.

Also, why the hell is the interface black and white while the startup screen is in full bleeding color? (at least whatever makes up brushed steel and a very nice blue apple). There doesn't seem to be any backlighting either yet the display is amazingly bright. Looks absolutely nothing like any lcd screen I have ever seen period. Yet another huge blunder.

Also the on button looks amazingly like a flimsy light switch or push button. The second you put this in your pocket, it would flip on, and drain the battery. Yet another huge blunder.

[ 01-03-2002: Message edited by: Nebrie ]</p>