Stuffit Deluxe 9 Problems

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Up until yesterday Stuffit Deluxe has been working perfectly for me, now however if I double click an .sit it bounces the icon on the dock for 3 mins then the icon stops and 2 mins later Stuffit opens up. I have tried to repair disk permissions, I have uninstalled it and deleted all the preferences and then reinstalled it, applyed the 9.0.1 update to it, but nothing seems to work. This is not only happening now on my Power Mac G5 Dual 2.0Ghz but my iBook has the exact same thing happen with them both starting at the same time. Does anyone have any clue as to why this is happening?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    mcsjgsmcsjgs Posts: 244member
    You must let it connect to Allume's server. Let it run until it does (mine took 5 minutes) and then go into preferences for say Expander, slide the slider bar all the way to the right, and the last preference is auto check for updates. Uncheck it if you want to avoid this problem in the future. Real pain that was.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Thanks mcsjgs, it works great now. Everything is back to normal. Thanks again.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    mcsjgsmcsjgs Posts: 244member
    There must be 20 threads about this on all the various boards. The best way, apparently was to edit the preferences in unix (as usual). Glad it worked out for you.