About to Purchase an iBook-will they include iWorks instead of Appleworks Soon?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
OK,

I'm about to order my new iBook...The dude at the apple store says he has no idea if the Appleworks that ships on the current iBooks will eventually be replaced in a couple of weeks with iWorks...

I'm kind of thinking No, because iWorks is supposed to sub for MS Office, not a consumer app???

I can upgrade to iLife '05 for $20 so i'm not too worried about that, but the iWorks is a bit pricier...thoughts?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    It isn't included with the Mac mini, so chances are, your iBook will continue to ship with AppleWorks for a while.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    It isn't included with the Mac mini, so chances are, your iBook will continue to ship with AppleWorks for a while.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:

Originally posted by gcarswell

OK,

I'm about to order my new iBook...The dude at the apple store says he has no idea if the Appleworks that ships on the current iBooks will eventually be replaced in a couple of weeks with iWorks...

I'm kind of thinking No, because iWorks is supposed to sub for MS Office, not a consumer app???

I can upgrade to iLife '05 for $20 so i'm not too worried about that, but the iWorks is a bit pricier...thoughts?

Ask the store you are buying the iBook from.