iPhoto and email

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Well, It has finaly happened, not only am i getting a mac with my tax money, but by mother may also, We have a problem in windows that I think iPhoto can fix, Mom has a 7+ megapixel camera which makes the photos hard to manage, particulatly for email, I want to know if she will EASILY be able to reduce the picture for email to 640x480 and not damage the original without makeing copies, and useing a special peice of software and then exporting...yada yada, all the crap we do on windows...

Well, can iPhoto help?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    murkmurk Posts: 935member
    As Steve likes to say, "no problemo". Just select the photos you want to email, click the iPhoto Email button, select the size you want, and it sends correctly sized copies to mail.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by murk

As Steve likes to say, "no problemo". Just select the photos you want to email, click the iPhoto Email button, select the size you want, and it sends correctly sized copies to mail.

So it acctualy "just works"?...guess I am not used to that concept
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:

Originally posted by a_greer

So it acctualy "just works"?...guess I am not used to that concept

Yes, it works very well; I use it any time I want to E-Mail pictures. As a matter of fact, my neighbor wanted to E-mail an image shot with a Nikon D70 (6 Megapixel camera) to his friend's Hotmail account. Last time I checked, Hotmail would only allow up to 1 meg attachments. So, long story short, I had him E-Mail it to me, I pulled it into iPhoto, clicked on the E-Mail button, and shrunk it down to 1024 x 768, 860K or so in size, and mailed it to his friend.

Regards,

Marc