Choppy/Unreliable QuickTime Streaming?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
This happens every time I try to stream an apple event. The video jumps and sometimes gets all blocky and the audio will skip on and off. Is there a fix for this? I don't know what the problem could be. I have a 933 Mhz G4 with the latest Mac OS and Quicktime software installed and a cable connection. Anyone else having similar problems or know how to fix this?

EDIT - I'm guessing everyone is trying to watch it and there isn't enough bandwidth to go around. Guess I'll just try later.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    wjmoorewjmoore Posts: 210member
    Yeah I think you hit the nail on the head in your edit. Interestingly this is the first time I've had any trouble watching a keynote. I think I've watched 3 or 4 now and they all played flawlessly except this one. Although many other people have commented that it is a common problem. *shrug*
  • Reply 2 of 4
    It was because Apple was getting get hard from everyone trying to get a connection, not including all the hits to the Apple Store. I read an article, I think spymac saying that even though Apples OS X Servers slowed, they didn't crash, unlike the servers (Win 2003 Server) that the main Macworld page was on.

I got the same performance as you described on a 600Mhz G3.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    i always get strange performance during a keynote, but i have never been on what i would consider a very solid network while watching (lots of network collision, general activity, etc.). even if i get steady streaming, it usually craps out halfway through, never to be rebuffered...until well after steve leaves the stage.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    I had this same problem last night but after i waited a couple of hours, i finally was able to get it to run smoothly. Funny thing was taht i could actually watch the movie a little bit with out it screwing up on my windows machine.