Itunes 4.7.1 & Ipod Photo problems

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Downloaded Itunes 4.7.1 last night, hooked up my ipod photo and now I no longer can get album art on my ipod. I Checked the settings and preferences and all are set correctly. Anyone else having this problem?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    othelloothello Posts: 1,054member
    fuck yes!

i'm getting it too
  • Reply 2 of 14
    squashsquash Posts: 332member
    sorry double post
  • Reply 3 of 14
    squashsquash Posts: 332member
    Did you read the read me? There were other apps that had to be certain revision or above.

Tunes 4.7.1 requires Mac OS X version 10.1.5 or later (Mac OS X version 10.3.5 is recommended). Music sharing and DVD burning require Mac OS X version 10.2.4 or later, and AAC encoding requires QuickTime 6.2 or later. To use music purchased from the iTunes Music Store in iLife '04, you need to have QuickTime 6.5.2 and the latest iLife software updates installed. AirPort Express with AirTunes requires Mac OS X version 10.3 or later, a compatible stereo system or powered speakers, and Internet access (fees may apply). Some ISPs are not currently compatible with Airport Express. _For more information see To copy photos to an iPod photo, you need Mac OS X version 10.2.6 or later. To use iTunes to transfer photos from your iPhoto library to your iPod photo, you need to have iPhoto 4.0.3 or later installed. To play music that was purchased using iTunes 4.6 or earlier on your iPod photo, you need to install iTunes 4.7 or later. 256 MB RAM is recommended.

Not sure if it's part of your problem but you may want to check.
  • Reply 4 of 14
    i am compatible with the readme! bug report filed with apple so wait and see...
  • Reply 5 of 14
    My OS and all my apps are up to date. I did solve the problem by deleting all my purchased music from my Ipod, then I reloaded all my purchased music back to the ipod. Album art seems to be working fine now, but what a pain in the a--!
  • Reply 6 of 14
    donnydonny Posts: 231member
    I thought the updating process took a long time last night. Now

I check my iPod Photo to discover no album art also.

Seriously? I should reload all purchased music?

Think I'll wait for an update....
  • Reply 7 of 14
    Reloading the music worked for me. I only had about 100 purchased songs so reloading them wasn't that big of a deal. Try reloading 1 song, if that works then you know the rest will work.
  • Reply 8 of 14
    but what about the music i have not bought -- that i have ripped from my cd collection? the album art is showing in itunes. just not on the ipod photo.

there is something broken somewhere me thinks...
  • Reply 9 of 14
    Try reloading that as well, it should work.
  • Reply 10 of 14
    f1turbof1turbo Posts: 257member
    I deleted just one album and reloaded--no luck--still doesn't show artwork on iPod. $100 premium for iPod photo is now worthless to me.
  • Reply 11 of 14
    First of all, Apple no doubt will fix this problem. Secondly are you telling me that you bought an ipod photo just to stare at album art? and now that you can't, the thing is useless to you? Granted it's nice to glance at the art now and then but the main purpose is to store and show your photo's. This feature still works just fine.

Hang in there Apple will fix it, if not, I'll be more than happy to take that "worthless" thing off your hands.
  • Reply 12 of 14
    No, I said the $100 PREMIUM for the photo part is now worthless to me--it's not displaying artwork.

I don't use it for storing and showing photos--my Treo 650 does a much nicer job of that (better screen resolution).

Actually I bought the Photo version for the 60 GB drive, but do kind of like the ability to show cover art. If they offered a 60 GB drive non-photo iPod, I would've bought it and saved $100.
  • Reply 13 of 14
    My cover art is working again on my iPod.

I did a restore and reloaded the songs back onto it. I did go through this three times, though, to get it to work. The first two times the iPod wouldn't even turn on. The problem apparently was that I didn't have the latest version of the iPod updater (iPod Updater 2005-01-11).

Speaking of iPod updater versions, why does Apple keep all the old versions on your hard drive? It's made more confusing by the inconsitent naming convention, some with version numbers and some with dates.

Is there any reason to keep old versions? Perhaps to support various iPod (hardware) versions? Looks like the new one (iPod Updater 2005-01-11) supports all iPods.
  • Reply 14 of 14
    working again here too -- did a restore of my ipod and then reloaded everything back on again and it is working as before. hurrah!