modding: iBook/mini= dual monitor?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
ok, besides some "minor" case modification:

both Macs have the same grafics card - the iBook is able to do dual monitor (with the rutemoeller firmware patch).

but the mini is missing a second "outlet" - I don't mean a plug on the case, question goes to internal, on the grafic card itself, aynwhere, any place where you could get a second signal?-??

could a braveheart dare the impossible? any theoretically chance?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Quote:

Originally posted by k_munic

ok, besides some "minor" case modification:

both Macs have the same grafics card - the iBook is able to do dual monitor (with the rutemoeller firmware patch).

but the mini is missing a second "outlet" - I don't mean a plug on the case, question goes to internal, on the grafic card itself, aynwhere, any place where you could get a second signal?-??

could a braveheart dare the impossible? any theoretically chance?

I have found this article that has a possible solution. I guess we won't really see if this works until the first mac mini's come out and people try it out. Also, I'm not sure where to buy a product like this. Most of the VGA splitters seem to display the same image on both displays. Someone know of how to do what is discussed in the following article?

http://www.macfixit.com/article.php?...50113072151376
  • Reply 2 of 2
    k_munick_munic Posts: 357member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Macasaurus

I have found this article that has a possible solution. ?

http://www.macfixit.com/article.php?...50113072151376

no. it hasn't.

searched the net - splitters are like a power supply splitter: one signal in, seen on two/many monitors.

that's not dual display, as I do with my flashed Radeon7000 in my Cube

got some answers elsewhere, they told me, the socalled "grafic card" isn't a single card in physical meaning - it is a handful of silicium placed anywhere on the motherboard. no extra pins, no "useless" holes?

as you said: we have to wait for a bravehearted someone, who clear that on a much higher, pro level?-

plain prejudices: it will be a japanese , these guys are CRAZY concerning hardware, they do wonders! I believe, they open new products while paying it in the shop