Mac mini should come in colors

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
The iPod minis got color, so why not mac mini? I would buy a blue or green or red mac mini for 100 more...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by Macasaurus

The iPod minis got color, so why not mac mini? I would buy a blue or green or red mac mini for 100 more...

people said that about the iPod too. it seems to be doing well. i've kinda started liking the white.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Macasaurus

Like the iBook and iMac the plastic is actually clear, they paint the inside white. If you were to remove the plastic parts and dip them in ethanol the paint will dissolve. Now you can paint it whatever color you want, I did this with my iBook a few years back. When I sold it I made an extra 100 bucks on the deal just because of the color. I also stuck a sticker of Marvin the Martian inside the Apple logo.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Making them all the same color keeps the cost down, I would think.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    The iPod mini is a personal accessory, so color is more important.

The Mac mini will spend its time on a desk or in a bag, and there's very little to color anyway.

The original iMacs came in colors for the most part because Apple had to do something with the huge expanse of plastic that covered the tube...

That said, it would not surprise me at all if coloring or patterning the Mac mini becomes a favorite activity for hardware hackers, or even a third party opportunity.

• Reply 5 of 6
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    No no Amorph. Colors would DEFINITELY help sell it. Ditto for iPod shuffle. That's what sold the iPod mini. Sounds funny, but it's true. Women, and like I said, fashion conscious guys like me.

Seriously. My sister MUST have a iPod mini. Why? It's green. She is obsessed with green.

Trust me. It will come in colors. Hopefully for rev 2. And I'm so getting a pink one.

Hey folks remember, this is Apple! The people that brought you the FlowerPower iMac! Hehe Blue Dalmatian Mac mini, that'd be great. I mean this thing looks like a lunchbox. I can see someone making one even, out of the case. I could just fit a sandwich and a bag of chips in there...
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Keep an eye on Colorware... they'll probably be selling a colored Mac mini soon. They already sell PowerBooks, iMacs, iPods, iBooks.