in General Discussion edited January 2014
I'm just looking for opinions. This is pretty much what I would use:

iLfe '05

MS Office

Safari/Firefox

Dreamweaver MX

a little Photoshop when I learn how to use it

Tiger (when it's released)

That's what I need a new Mac for and not much else. Now, please tell me what you think I should buy with these additional facts in mind:

- I don't have a monitor

- I have max $2000 to spend

- I would configure whatever I buy with 512 MB RAM, an AE card, and APP

Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    chipzchipz Posts: 100member
    Consider thr G5 iMac. I ordered my 17" G5 iMac with 512 MB RAM, Bluetooth, Airport Extreme Card, 80 GB HD and AppleCare for a total of just over $2000. I didn't get the B;uetooth KB or Mouse as I already had those. The iMac also comes with a KB and Mouse as well as iLife 04 and Appleworks. BTW, I had also ordered mine with the Superdrive. This machine can do all you ask of it and more.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by chipz

Consider thr G5 iMac. I ordered my 17" G5 iMac with 512 MB RAM, Bluetooth, Airport Extreme Card, 80 GB HD and AppleCare for a total of just over $2000. I didn't get the B;uetooth KB or Mouse as I already had those. The iMac also comes with a KB and Mouse as well as iLife 04 and Appleworks. BTW, I had also ordered mine with the Superdrive. This machine can do all you ask of it and more.

Yeah, that was my main choice until the mini came out. I'm still leaning towards the iMac, but if I would buy that, I would wait till Apple fixes the fan/heat problems.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    Quote:

Originally posted by dferigmu

Yeah, that was my main choice until the mini came out. I'm still leaning towards the iMac, but if I would buy that, I would wait till Apple fixes the fan/heat problems.

I'd still go with the iMac G5.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    mcqmcq Posts: 1,543member
    17" iMac G5 combo, unless you need to burn DVDs, in which case 17" iMac G5 SD.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by MCQ

17" iMac G5 combo, unless you need to burn DVDs, in which case 17" iMac G5 SD.

Yeah, I would want a SD for backup purposes. If I'de get a Mini, it would be with a SD.