PS2 or shuffle?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I'm buying one of them... most likely both. The problem is that after I buy one it'll be a good long time before I can get the other. Which would you go for? I'd probably go 512 on the shuffle simply because I dont need 200+ songs at any one time. I'll be buying one of the two come next friday. So that means you all have a week to sway me one way or the other! Here's my pro/con as far as I've gotten it:

Shuffle

pro:

-portable music! (i dont own a cd player, so it's all on my computer or in my truck...)

-cheaper

-wont distract from school work

-awesome

con:

-cant play games

PS2

pro:

-plays games (gta, mainly...)

-DVD player

-introduces more activity options for me/my roomies

-awesome

con:

-more expensive (150 plus games)

-not portable music

-will most definately distract from school work

The list seems rather sided towards the shuffle now that I look at it. well - I really want both of them. What would you suggest? will there be a rev. B shuffle anytime soon do you think? are there even any bugs to be worked out with it?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    imeime Posts: 40member
    iPod Shuffle - its time better spent than on a console pressing a set of buttons over and over.

However, if you do decide to go with a video game console I would favour the Xbox more than the PS2 because you can do a lot more with the HDD included in the Xbox than with a PS2.

Also if you are into sports video games then I would suggest the Xbox even more than the PS2. Xbox Live also is far superior than Sony's online plan.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    I'd hold off on console purchases for the immediate future. The scene is going to change, fast, with the Xbox 2 and the Playstation 3 (with IBM 'cell' computing). I'd hold your dollars for now.

But I'd say PS2. I mean, come on, a cheap flash player versus a console? Please.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    e1618978e1618978 Posts: 6,075member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

I'd hold off on console purchases for the immediate future. The scene is going to change, fast, with the Xbox 2 and the Playstation 3 (with IBM 'cell' computing). I'd hold your dollars for now.

But I'd say PS2. I mean, come on, a cheap flash player versus a console? Please.

Both PS3 and Xbox 2 are a year off, at least.

Buy the platstation. But keep in mind that

accessories add a lot of expense to the

playstation ($40 per wireless controller,

$10-$50 per game, $150 for the steering wheel,

etc)
  • Reply 4 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by iMe

iPod Shuffle - its time better spent than on a console pressing a set of buttons over and over.

However, if you do decide to go with a video game console I would favour the Xbox more than the PS2 because you can do a lot more with the HDD included in the Xbox than with a PS2.

Also if you are into sports video games then I would suggest the Xbox even more than the PS2. Xbox Live also is far superior than Sony's online plan.

nicely said. that's exactly what i was gonna write. but i am addicted to halo \
  • Reply 5 of 9
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Buy the iPod and convince one of your roommates to get the game player.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    asaphasaph Posts: 176member
    I think i've decided on the shuffle. I'll be going 1gig though. I dont play many games at the moment and based on my schedule that i just looked at again that's probably a good thing. Also I found out that the apple store gives me 10 bucks off of the gig for being a student. 140 seems pretty good to me. I'm excited to be ordering my new toy on friday! hooray!
  • Reply 7 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by Asaph

I think i've decided on the shuffle. I'll be going 1gig though. I dont play many games at the moment and based on my schedule that i just looked at again that's probably a good thing. Also I found out that the apple store gives me 10 bucks off of the gig for being a student. 140 seems pretty good to me. I'm excited to be ordering my new toy on friday! hooray!

I'd recommend coughing up an extra $100 for an iPod mini. Sorry, but a display is a nice thing to have, as is quadruple the storage.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    You could say the same thing for the upgrade from a Mini to a normal iPod. $50 bucks more for about twice the space?
  • Reply 9 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by Sonrisu

You could say the same thing for the upgrade from a Mini to a normal iPod. $50 bucks more for about twice the space?

Yes, but the appeal of the Mini and Shuffle is size, apparently.