High-end mini question

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Can the high-end mini handle the sims 2?I currently have the sims 2 running on my Athlon XP 2200+ with 248MB of memory and a 128MB Raedeon 9200.Right now,I run the sims 2 regularly at all options on high and the game runs surprisingly smooth with the configuration of my pc.I was originally going to get an ibook,but this thing is awesome.So,I want to know if the sims 2 can run smoothly on the mini when it comes out.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Quote:

Originally posted by AudioBlood

Can the high-end mini handle the sims 2?I currently have the sims 2 running on my Athlon XP 2200+ with 248MB of memory and a 128MB Raedeon 9200.Right now,I run the sims 2 regularly at all options on high and the game runs surprisingly smooth with the configuration of my pc.I was originally going to get an ibook,but this thing is awesome.So,I want to know if the sims 2 can run smoothly on the mini when it comes out.

I think you'll find the Mac Mini to have very similar power to your PC. Its the same memory, video card and if you double the G4 speed if gives you a rough estimation of speed compared to P4/AMD XP chips e.g. 1.25 G4 = 2.5 XP. However, you may find that the Mac version is just a bad PC port, Mac versions do tend to suck IMO and even if they are good ports they still tend to be slower on the Mac. My thought is that if your buying the Mac for games then why don't you stick with the PC. The Mac Mini will be a great home computer and far superior to your PC but its not a games machine. If you like games buy an xBox or have a separate PC for the purpose.