Apple store beginner courses - any good?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hello!

I have been considering the "Studio Series" getting started for beginners course at the Apple Store for my mother, who has recently got her first mac. At the moment she can switch it on and access hotmail but is frightened of doing anything else, without writing copious notes.

She has said she would like to do a course and I noticed the London apple store is doing these beginner courses at £99 for 8 hours.

Has anyone any experience of these? Are they really good beginner courses, or are you paying for a glorified sales pitch? I imagine Apple would do this kind of thing really well but I have no info other than what is on their website (http://www.seeuthere.com/rsvp/invita...nForGuest=True)

If anyone can give me a review (from London or anywhere else) I would be most grateful!

Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    gene cleangene clean Posts: 3,481member
    I think they're pretty good. Not for me, but pretty good. In my local Apple store I've seen some senior citizens and some middle-aged moms and dads sit there through the courses and they seemed to enjoy it.

Its not a bad experience.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    By the way, I'm talking about the private 12-people-to-a-room tuition (where presumably everyone sits in front of their own computer) rather than the 'theatre' where everyone watches a demo on the big screen.