actual conversation from the phone lines at apple

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
My friend works as a customer service rep for the Apple Store online. He posted this on his journal today:

Quote:

CUSTOMER

"hello, yes, i am calling because my 9-year-old son mistakenly ordered... well... it looks like he ordered five personalized ipods. i really need to cancel those if i can."

ME

"well, sir, i see the ipods here, and, unfortunately, they have all shipped, so they cannot be cancelled at this time, and since they are all personalized, i am sorry, but we cannot accept them for return."

CUSTOMER

"oh jesus... he is in so much trouble... (covers mouthpiece to phone) they said we can't return them, josh, just like i told you! you are in big, big trouble, mister! don't 'but dad,' me... get in your room right this very minute and close the door. (uncovers mouthpiece) oh jesus... what is the total cost on this order?"

ME

"uhm... well, sir, it's just over $1300 after the tax."

CUSTOMER

"oh my god... (covers mouth piece) josh! this little stunt of yours is costing me $1300! you are in such big trouble, you have no idea! no summer camp for you! you just spent the money we were going to use! (uncovers mouthpiece) say, can you do me a favour?"

ME

"sure, sir, anything at all. how can i help?"

CUSTOMER

"can you tell me what he got engraved on the backs of the ipods?"

ME

"no problem... give me just a moment... (long pause)... uhm... sir?

CUSTOMER

"yes?"

ME

"are you sure you want me to read this to you?

CUSTOMER

"(mumbles something)... yes, i am very sure."

ME

"it's... uhm... they've got profanity."

CUSTOMER

"can you please just read them to me, please?"

ME

"okay... uhm... apologies in advance. the first one says, uhm, 'april sucks balls'. the second one says, uhm, 'april eats donkey dicks'. uhm... do you want me to go on, sir?

CUSTOMER

"(pause)... yes... i want to know everything."

ME

"okay, uhm, and the third one says, 'april is a bitch.' and the fourth one says, 'april is a ho.' and the last one says, 'april is...' uhm..."

CUSTOMER

"yes? please tell me what it says. just tell me and get it over with..."

ME

"well, sir, it says, uhm... 'april is...' uhm... then it has.. uhm... the f-word."

CUSTOMER

"(mumbles something)... i can't... i can't believe this... this is... and we can't return these?"

ME

"sir, i can consult a supervisor and see if we can make an exception... can i please put you on hold?"

CUSTOMER

"yes, please. i would really appreciate it. (covers phone) april! go tell your brother to get down here right this very minute! (uncovers phone) thank you. thank you very much."

ME

"something tells me someone's in big, big trouble."

CUSTOMER

"you have no idea. he's going to be grounded until he's 30."

in the end, we made the exception and allowed him to return the ipods. i wish that i could get my hands on just one of those ipods.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 18
    posts like these make AppleInsider so much fun
  • Reply 2 of 18

is this true?
  • Reply 3 of 18
    nebagakidnebagakid Posts: 2,692member
    So, she does eat donkey dicks.... Finally, an iPod to confirm a long unrelieved rumor.

that was hilarious, by the way
  • Reply 4 of 18
    little sucka
  • Reply 5 of 18
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    COOL
  • Reply 6 of 18
    costiquecostique Posts: 1,084member
    Damn, working with customers can really be fun! Thank you, geekdreams!
  • Reply 7 of 18
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Quote:

Originally posted by costique

Damn, working with customers can really be fun! Thank you, geekdreams!

geekdreams must be an ace customer service dude, 'coz he handled the situation well and had a lot of fun and we had fun too...
  • Reply 8 of 18
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    Quote:

Originally posted by tonton

Too bad it can't be true because Apple filters out profanity in personalization orders.

:nod:
  • Reply 9 of 18
    Quote:

Originally posted by geekdreams

My friend works as a customer service rep for the Apple Store online. He posted this on his journal today:

this wont be so funny after it airs on crank yankers. honestly. do you really believe a child would have access to that credit card? and if so, it's totally the dad's fault. either way, this is totally a crank yankers thing.
  • Reply 10 of 18
    kabzkabz Posts: 53member
    How can anyone keep those things?

haha...damn 9 year old kids messing with computers.
  • Reply 11 of 18
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    The parent's fault that he had access to the credit card, but yes, the kid is a little shit.
  • Reply 12 of 18
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Those words all work on the iPod engraving preview, except f*ck.

lol

You could actually have "suck my d**k, bitch" on one.
  • Reply 13 of 18
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Only the last two would have been filtered out anyways.
  • Reply 14 of 18
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

The parent's fault that he had access to the credit card, but yes, the kid is a little shit.

What about credit card regulations, if someone uses your card without your permission then you don't get charged for the goods? It's hardly the father's fault, most kids don't nick their parents cards and spend thousands of dollars on rude iPod minis.
  • Reply 15 of 18
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacCrazy

What about credit card regulations, if someone uses your card without your permission then you don't get charged for the goods? It's hardly the father's fault, most kids don't nick their parents cards and spend thousands of dollars on rude iPod minis.

If he reports it to the credit card company, then they will want to press charges against the kid,which may cost him more than the 1200 bucks, and his son would have a record, if he can handle it himself, then the kid will most likely not have a record.
  • Reply 16 of 18
    muahmuah Posts: 165member
    Quote:

do you really believe a child would have access to that credit card? and if so, it's totally the dad's fault.

That apple store "single click purchasing" is a b1tch.
  • Reply 17 of 18
    so it's fake. it's still fricking awesome!