What's Adobe got up it's sleeve?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Nothing to go on here, really, except ThinkSecret expecting Adobe CS 2.0 at MacWorld and this mention of previews by Creative Mac...

Quote:

In fact, the bulk of the truly gigantic developments for creative professionals at this year's expo are, to put it bluntly, secret. Several developers met with reporters behind closed doors to give us previews of what lies ahead for the Mac platform, and what we were able to see will simply astound you. To quote Roy Batty, "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe." And it pains me not to be able to reveal them yet. Not even to hint at them. But I can tell you that if you were to make a software wish list, you would be able to anticipate just about everything on it coming true before the year's out.

Creative Mac

I know that Adobe has done these types of previews at past MacWorlds and that they are one of the main companies Creative Mac would be interested in. I also remember reading somewhere about attending just such an event at this MacWorld, with the required NDA filter. Anyway, I'm wondering/hoping that Creative Mac has been amazed by Adobe actually biting the bullet and incorporating Core Image into PS. Any chance? I know that would be near the top of my wish list.

Edit: Found the other quote I mentioned. From Macs Only...

Quote:

Adobe invited us to attend an NDA-covered presentation on potential future products. We are a heavy user of several Adobe products so we attended the very interesting 2-hour session. We got really hyped over what we saw and heard but, unfortunately, we can't say more than that at this time due to the NDA. Don't you just hate that as much as we do? Stay tuned...er, can we write that? Hmm, let's see....

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    Who knows?

I'm so tired of the hyperbole of software hype. We've been promised the world lately yet no one is delivering anything "revolutionary" despite their claims.

I'll keep a shred of optimism for the possibility of something groundbreaking. I have nothing but time...I hope.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    mikefmikef Posts: 698member
    Quote:

Originally posted by hmurchison

Who knows?

I'm so tired of the hyperbole of software hype. We've been promised the world lately yet no one is delivering anything "revolutionary" despite their claims.

I'll keep a shred of optimism for the possibility of something groundbreaking. I have nothing but time...I hope.

Quite honestly, what exactly has been groundbreaking in the past 5 years?

Sorry, but Garageband, iPhoto, iDVD, iMovie don't do it for me. These are all spins on preexisting software.

There is no application on either my Mac or my PC that I would consider revolutionary that I've installed in the past 5 years.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    frank777frank777 Posts: 5,839member
    I'd be happy if they'd just fix GoLive.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    murkmurk Posts: 935member
    Quote:

Originally posted by hmurchison

Who knows?

Jeez! You seem depressed. You are usually one of the most hyped up guys around. PowerMac update delays got you bummed out or what? I still believe Core is pretty revolutionary.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    Quote:

Originally posted by murk

Jeez! You seem depressed. You are usually one of the most hyped up guys around. PowerMac update delays got you bummed out or what? I still believe Core is pretty revolutionary.

Yeah I'll cheer up. Actually I'm pretty excited about the "little" things. I like what Adobe's doing with their inter-application communication. Apple's iLife is just a much smaller suite using the same model. Sure beats cut-n-paste.

I'll just be patient and wait to see what Adobe has to offer. Man these guys goad you good sometimes. Taking advantage of my impatience.