Where's Jonathan Ives?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
He was conspicously absent from Macworld and from any promos for the shuffle and mini. Did he have a hand in both of these?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    I'd also like to know what Ive is doing now. Perhaps it's just me, but it seems that another thing missing lately is the controversy his designs usually stir up.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Well, I don't know where Ives is, but I'll tell you one thing, Phil really needs to lose some weight.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    19841984 Posts: 955member
    Why was there no promotional video for the Mac mini? Don't they always do them for new products?
  • Reply 4 of 6
    majormattmajormatt Posts: 1,077member
    Since there was none, we must create the dialogue!

*** Mac Mini spinning around with music ***

IVES: Steve Jobs approached me a year and a half ago and told me he wanted me to reinvent, reimagine what an inexpensive entry level mac would be.

I asked myself, what could it say to me? How could it express itself to me? It took me months to hone the design, but we finally came to it. A rounded rectangular shape. It is brilliant.

*** Phill Schiller pops up ****

SCHILLER: (In excited voice) We are excited to bring you a blazing 1.42 Ghz G4 procesor, radeon 9200 and whopping 256 MB ram so you can do whatever you do on a budget.

**** Enter random celebrity****

Random Celebrity: Oh-my-god, I got to have one of these! This is so cute. Can I take this home? This is going to revolutionize computers.

*** Enter Rubenstein ***

Rubenstein: We are so pleased to engineer the Mac Mini. Our engineers spent a great deal of time compacting it so fit Ives silly, mean elegant design. We at Apple love this and hope you do, too. It KICKS ASS.

*** Show Apple logo and fade into darkness ***