copycats!

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
all this widgets and dashboard.. does anyone know what konfabulator ( the original maker of widgets) has to say about all of this? if i were the maker of konfabulator i would be kind of mad now that people wouldnt have to buy my software because it comes free with the next version of mac os X.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Oh wow, this was discussed a few months ago, back in June. You may want to search the archives for it, it was quite the heated little thread. Bottom line though: they look similar, but the implementations are quite different.

Try the handy Search link, top right of this very page, and search for 'Dashboard AND Konfabulator'. You'll get some doozies.

Not something that really needs to be rehashed, so unless anyone has anything to new to add to the general discussion in the next few hours, this'll be locked as redundant.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kickaha

Not something that really needs to be rehashed, so unless anyone has anything to new to add to the general discussion in the next few hours, this'll be locked as redundant.

Just to remind how the case settled:

Dashboard vs. Konfabulator
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Oh god, not again.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    dfilerdfiler Posts: 3,420member
    So this is where I parked my dead horse.

[EDIT]

Thanks for the link PB. That daringfireball write-up is a well informed take on this alleged rip-off.