ugly ibook.

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
is it just me.. or does the new ibook look kind of ugly...

i mean the other white G3 ibooks looked better i think. but the new ones have like everthing the same and it looks plain, and not nice enough to be an apple product.

anyone agree with me? or am i seeing things....

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    n3on3o Posts: 56member
    agreed. I don't know... I think the keyboard is the bigger problem. It looks crappy. I like the translucent keys of the g3.

It doesn't appeal visualy for those who don't know apple products...
  • Reply 2 of 3
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    yeah, the white translucent keys and the silver/gray bezel/palmrests of the G3 iBooks are much nicer than the all flat gray of the g4s.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    bergzbergz Posts: 1,045member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ferali

is it just me.. or does the new ibook look kind of ugly...

anyone agree with me? or am i seeing things....

I figgered it was a question of not being used to seeing them around (out here). And to tell you the truth *puts on flame protection* I don't even like the look of the Powerbook line, really. Looks like any other laptop to the untrained eye. Sure, it's classy, super-slim, which is great for the laptopophile, but not as far as 1st or 2nd aesthetic impressions go--and, again, that's all I'm talking about here.

The black G3s and the clamshell ibooks had curves, like Apple's pre-Al displays, imacs, everything. Hell, the Mac started out yellow. I'm not against the look of the pro macs. The PM G5 looks tough as balls, and is instantly identifiable as a Mac because of the design--the cool, ample ventilation, the handles, etc. But the PBs don't even have the rounded front I've grown to love with so many of their laptops which keep my wrists comfy when I use it on a higher surface than my lap.

I mean, AMD and everyone's uncle is using the PB in their publicity!! They'd never get away with that with a sexy Pismo. It may be one of the most popular models they've put out, and I may be getting one soon, but not because of the aesthetic.

--B