iWorks shipping

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Just got my notice that my copy of iWorks is winging its way here. Interestingly, they still haven't shipped the updated iLife I ordered at the same time.

I guess I'll see if I regret the purchase.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    bwhalerbwhaler Posts: 260member
    The same thing happened to me. iLife and iWork on the same order, but are shipping separately, about 15 hours apart.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    My iLife shipped on the 19th.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by BRussell

My iLife shipped on the 19th.

I got notification mine shipped this morning. Odd timing, but what the heck, it should be a fun weekend.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    Hello all, I got both iLife and iWork in today, and when I installed iWork it installed Keynote 2 and Pages into a folder in my Apps folder, leaving the Keynote 1 App alone. Why wouldn't it just update the Keynote 1 that I have instead of giving me TWO keynote apps?
  • Reply 5 of 10
    maffrewmaffrew Posts: 166member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Brian Green

Hello all, I got both iLife and iWork in today, and when I installed iWork it installed Keynote 2 and Pages into a folder in my Apps folder, leaving the Keynote 1 App alone. Why wouldn't it just update the Keynote 1 that I have instead of giving me TWO keynote apps?

Presumably because the app is different enough that it can't be an update.

Just put the original in the trash and forget about it
  • Reply 6 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by Maffrew

Presumably because the app is different enough that it can't be an update.

Just put the original in the trash and forget about it

It did the same to me. I would have rather just had the apps in the app folder, instead of a subfolder. iLife doesn't stick them all in a subfolder.

Also, I thought someone was saying Pages didn't do word counts, but the is incorrect. It appear under the info tab on the document inspector.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    I thought all the same things upon installing. Same for the old iMovie and iMovie HD in iLife.

Weird.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Xool

I thought all the same things upon installing. Same for the old iMovie and iMovie HD in iLife.

Weird.

If there are bugs you can switch back though, surely that's good!
  • Reply 9 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacCrazy

If there are bugs you can switch back though, surely that's good!

Not with my iBooks tiny little hard drive, it's not. I could by an iPod and double the space.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    Since Keynote 2 dumps two themes from Keynote 1 before you trash it you should get them back.