Mac Noob applestore question

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I am a Mac Noob, my first Mac purchase. Can I walk into an Apple store this friday and pickup a Mini with airport/bluetooth/80gb/1.42 package? or am I destined to wait 4 weeks ordering at apple.com

I want to mess with one this weekend but I am not sure if Applestores will be getting product or is it all allocated for online orders already.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    You can ask the guy at the Genius bar to install the RAM you buy through them to install it, and he'll probably install the bluetooth and Airport too, but I'm not sure if they'll do it on the first day they're out.

Maybe they're gonna be too busy. You should call them and ask them.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Also ask them if you get a free appointment at the Genius Bar with your purchase.

There's a new level of AppleCare, AppleCare Pro, that lets you make appts with the Geniuses ahead of time so you don't wait in line, etc. You also get priority in the repair queue, etc. Ask them if you can get that priority for the installation of optional components at purchase time.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    dfilerdfiler Posts: 3,420member
    It is not unlikely that, even if they have everything you want, you'll need to install the upgrades yourself in order to have it right away. Question is... will they sell you the AE card and antenna seperately without charing for installation?

Let us know what you find out.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    idaveidave Posts: 1,283member
    I think it is Saturday, the mini goes up for sale. Your Apple Store might be opening one hour earlier than usual. Better get there early.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Initially, Apple Retail stores will just have the original configurations as stock models. After Apple sees what people are ordering from the on-line store, they may add the most popular BTO versions as stock models in the retail loactions.