$40 mini Coupon for Canadians

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Hey folks,

I was just about to drive two and half hours to buffalo tomorrow morning to pick up a mini - turns out the wouldn't honour Canadian student ID (not a shocker there).

The straw that broke the camel's back and got me to order online, however, was the $40 coupon that just showed up in my email for the Canadian online store. - Save $40 on any purchase over $399... seems tailor made for the mini!

I promptly picked it up. I believe the reason I received this coupon is because I signed up for an Apple Canada store account on the 11th - up until this point I'd been using the American store to price things out (vaguely accurate )

So if you're in Canada, and you haven't signed up for an Apple Canada account yet, and you're thinking about getting a mini, and you want to save $40, and you're fond of run on sentences... Go sign up already

For me, the 1.4ghz with 512 is hopefully on it's way soon. I shall hug it and love it and call it George.

Riiiight.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    What! I've been a store member for a while now, and I just bought a Mac Mini. I had no such coupon
  • Reply 2 of 3
    I got one of those $40 off coupons at in the third week of Dec. Sadly it said that it would expire in two weeks and it did. Just before the mini was announced. That blows!!

On the other hand, I live in Toronto and have Driven to Buffalo Apple store in the Walden Galleria and they have gladly accepted my University of Toronto student ID to give me educational pricing. This is despite telling me on the phone that they wouldn't. They said that they would until the Toronto Apple Store opens this summer.

I saved about a $100ish inclusive of taxes on a 20GB Ipod. (Converted into C$). This was when the Canadian gov was still charging a media levy of $25 on the Ipod. Oh yeah and the fact that the US$ is doing shite really helps us Canadians when we shop over the border.

I just hope I get another $40 off coupon so I can order a mini. Otherwise it's off to Buffalo, NY I go, the armpit of America!! (endearlingly said)
  • Reply 3 of 3
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    I'm not sure there's a lot of savings to be had IF they don't honor the student discount. And you have to visit Buffalo, eeek...