Changing icon

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I just made my own icon for a couple of the programs that I have because I dont like what their original icon looks like. How do I get my icon to replace the original icon?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by nd32k3

I just made my own icon for a couple of the programs that I have because I dont like what their original icon looks like. How do I get my icon to replace the original icon?

Copy the icon you want it to be to the clipboard, select the original application and control-click (or press apple-i) click on the little icon at the top and then press paste. Simple
  • Reply 2 of 3
    nd32k3nd32k3 Posts: 187member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacCrazy

Copy the icon you want it to be to the clipboard, select the original application and control-click (or press apple-i) click on the little icon at the top and then press paste. Simple

Thanks you very much. It took me a minute to figure it out because I didn't even focus on the small icon on the top of info. Thank you alot though. It's hard for me to figure out everything about macs after I used a PC all my life.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by nd32k3

Thanks you very much. It took me a minute to figure it out because I didn't even focus on the small icon on the top of info. Thank you alot though. It's hard for me to figure out everything about macs after I used a PC all my life.

no problemo