Just at the local CompUSA

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
in Ann Arbor, MI. They had all the notebooks in stock except the two high end powerbooks. I asked how soon they could get me one and got a non-answer.

BTW, that 30" cinema display hooked up to a high end Powermac G5 is a sight to behold. This was the first time I ever saw one in person, and although I knew it would be big, I didn't anticipate the enourmity of it on a desk only a few feet away. Dare I say, that 30" is almost TOO BOKU? I left the store thinking that Apple should call 30" good enough and channel their resources towards developing higher resolutions and a resolution-independent OS X.

Man that fucker was humongous!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Oh hell I meant for this to go in the other thread about Powerbooks being EOL. Could a moderator please delete this thread?
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Well before this gets deleted, I wanted to second the OMG factor of the 30". When I saw it at WWDC last year I almost choked. I am not sure I would want to use it for day to day use. A friend and I were having this discussion the other day. When you are watching something, the bigger the screen the better. But if you are trying to interact with a desktop environment, then IMHO there is a point of diminishing returns on screen size.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by blue2kdave

Well before this gets deleted, I wanted to second the OMG factor of the 30". When I saw it at WWDC last year I almost choked. I am not sure I would want to use it for day to day use. A friend and I were having this discussion the other day. When you are watching something, the bigger the screen the better. But if you are trying to interact with a desktop environment, then IMHO there is a point of diminishing returns on screen size.

Considering that I have used twin 17-20" displays for years, I doubt that a single 30" has exceeded the useful space. You might well be right that it is pretty much as big as you want to go though.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    Closed per the request of the thread starter.