Dock Add-On

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Well right now I have 21 things in my dock including Finder, Sys Prefs and Trash. All of the icons are very small and I think it would be better if it was better organized. Is there anyway to make it like Virtual PC how when you click on the dock thd start menu appears without starting a program. But insted of Virtual PC make it like iLife, or Microsoft Works, so a little thing expands asking what one of the programs you would like to open. It would make it a lot more organized. Does anyone know if there is an application that does this?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Hm... actually, there might be a very simple solution to your problem: Create folders like "Office", "Games" and so on and fill them with aliases to the related apps. Then drag 'n drop the folders into the dock, click and hold on them to get a list of the apps (resp. aliases) inside...

Greetings,

durandal
  • Reply 2 of 6
    nd32k3nd32k3 Posts: 187member
    Quote:

Originally posted by durandal

Hm... actually, there might be a very simple solution to your problem: Create folders like "Office", "Games" and so on and fill them with aliases to the related apps. Then drag 'n drop the folders into the dock, click and hold on them to get a list of the apps (resp. aliases) inside...

Greetings,

durandal

That doesn't work.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    jambojambo Posts: 3,036member
    Quote:

Originally posted by nd32k3

That doesn't work.

Yes it does. You're just dragging the folder to the wrong side of the Dock.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    nd32k3nd32k3 Posts: 187member
    Alright I didn't know it had to go on that side so it does work. Thank you very much that clears up my dock a lot.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    I did that with my "Utilities" folder. Most utilities are not accessed daily and sometimes you just nee a quick way to get to them. I tried doing that with most popular applications to keep the dock small but it was too much trouble.

EDIT: Wrong image.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by nd32k3

That doesn't work.

I have Apps folders, utilities, and folders in my dock to make it easier and faster. Drag the folders to the trash side (not the trash though).