Hot 97 is a disgrace

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
http://www.musicforamerica.org/node/70974

I'm a huge fan of irreverant humor, but this is too far. I give props to Miss Info for standing up to Miss Jones. It is well time for us Asians to no longer be the complacent minority in this nation. We accomodate much so attain the American Dream but racism should never be accomodated. I also give props to all the other hip-hop outlets that are speaking out against this BS.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 17
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    That boat sailed a long time ago. First off hip-hop is not known for its political correctness. And as long as you are a member of the preapproved victim groups, unrepentant racism is allowed and/or encouraged.

So you'll just have to STFU and take you lumps.
  • Reply 2 of 17
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    Sounds like a total lack of class. If this had been aimed at blacks it would have been all over the news and Jesse Sharpton would be on this like "white" on rice.

Hypocrisy.
  • Reply 3 of 17
    Oh yeah and I wish rappers would stop calling their eyes "chinky eyes" in their raps.

that's like someone saying "nigguh lips". Would they want to hear that?
  • Reply 4 of 17
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    I hate black people.
  • Reply 5 of 17
    liquidrliquidr Posts: 884member
    Quote:

originally posted by Scott

That boat sailed a long time ago. First off hip-hop is not known for its political correctness. And as long as you are a member of the preapproved victim groups, unrepentant racism is allowed and/or encouraged.

So you'll just have to STFU and take you lumps.

Now I'm just incredulous. This statement I hope is satirical. Because if it isn't, it's just about the most incipent and lame excuse to tolerate irresponsibility and racism.

I'm a huge, huge proponent for the Bill of Rights, however, there is a certain level of personal resposibility that us 'Americans' must be willing to accept for it to work. I'm not responsible for the fact that I am Asian. However, I am responsible if I tolerate ignorance.

Quote:

originally posted by applenut

I hate black people.

???? Aren't you black?

I hate people.
  • Reply 6 of 17
    Quote:

???? Aren't you black?

Heheheh I'm black from the waist down
  • Reply 7 of 17
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    Quote:

Originally posted by hmurchison

That would make for an interesting variation on that Star Trek episode with Frank Gorshin.
  • Reply 8 of 17
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    Quote:

Originally posted by applenut

I hate black people.

You probably have the most asian friends here actually.
  • Reply 9 of 17
    Quote:

Originally posted by LiquidR

Now I'm just incredulous. This statement I hope is satirical. Because if it isn't, it's just about the most incipent and lame excuse to tolerate irresponsibility and racism.

I'm a huge, huge proponent for the Bill of Rights, however, there is a certain level of personal resposibility that us 'Americans' must be willing to accept for it to work. I'm not responsible for the fact that I am Asian. However, I am responsible if I tolerate ignorance.

I agree but you're spitting in the wind. Some groups are allowed to spout the most racist statements with little or no notice from "the media". They've earned their right to be angry about race and so they are give a pass.
  • Reply 10 of 17
    Quote:

Originally posted by ShawnJ

You probably have the most asian friends here actually.

What's the current record?
  • Reply 11 of 17
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Quote:

Originally posted by hmurchison

You need to cool it with the scat, dude.

And take a shower.

• Reply 12 of 17
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Quote:

Originally posted by LiquidR

???? Aren't you black?

are you kidding me?
  • Reply 13 of 17
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    Whatever, just another talentless musician who needs shock to sell records.
  • Reply 14 of 17
    It's not that the racism that makes me mad about this song, it's the lack of humanism. How can you parody something so awful? Sure it sends out a lot of shock value, but seriously, this kind of act makes me feel ashamed to be human.

I sure hope that these people really don't feel that way and were doing it just for the money. However, it sounded as if they really held onto these beliefs and opinions when defending their position against Miss Info. Are people really this ignorant about things?

What a broken and sad world we live in; to have people with all the freaking resources and power yet have no compassion on people in general.
  • Reply 15 of 17
    Quote:

Originally posted by Macasaurus

It's not that the racism that makes me mad about this song, it's the lack of humanism. How can you parody something so awful? Sure it sends out a lot of shock value, but seriously, this kind of act makes me feel ashamed to be human.

I sure hope that these people really don't feel that way and were doing it just for the money. However, it sounded as if they really held onto these beliefs and opinions when defending their position against Miss Info. Are people really this ignorant about things?

What a broken and sad world we live in; to have people with all the freaking resources and power yet have no compassion on people in general.

I agree (and yes people are just that ignorant). people like this dont think about the fact that they are being inconsiderate or even inhumain but rather only wonder if they are going to get in trouble for it. Its a shame that they are too stupid to recognize anything beyone the most basic stimulus. this type of behavior is so predictable its disgusting.

here's how I feel this type of group usually thinks...

do something to get famous> get money> get bling, wheels, bitches, etc. (the only rule of thumb is try not to get shot or put in jail along the way)

And if you think I'm racist or whatever for saying it I have a nice big F.Y. with your name writen all over it, because while it isnt pretty its the truth for a sector of the population in the US.
  • Reply 16 of 17
    Quote:

I hate black people.

applenut, you are a very funny guy...
  • Reply 17 of 17
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    Well, this thread is what I get for skipping over topics.