How much should I sell the wife's iBook for?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
My wife is getting my old 867 12inch PB and I want to sell her iBook. How much do you think I could get for a 900MHz G3 12inch combo drive iBook with a extra 512 RAM? It is in great shape and has had the logic board replaced. One small chip on the front corner.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by GreggWSmith

My wife is getting my old 867 12inch PB and I want to sell her iBook. How much do you think I could get for a 900MHz G3 12inch combo drive iBook with a extra 512 RAM? It is in great shape and has had the logic board replaced. One small chip on the front corner.

Original box?

all original CDs and paperwork (any manuals, that sort of thing)?

Apple care? if so, when does it expire?

What version of Mac osx?

I may be willing to make an offer: I am looking to get a mini, but I would love a laptop, My only question is how does osx handle on a G3?

I will be useing Office, iLife (maybe toying with GB, very light use of iphoto), Mail, firefox, and will likely put tiger on it.

• Reply 2 of 10
    I do not have the box but I do have all the cd's and whatnot. It came with Jaguar preinstalled and we have upgraded to Panther and I don't notice any difference between it and the 867 G4 PB. I have a copy of Office X with it as well. I am going to throw Tiger on it for a day or two. It runs it fine.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    How much HDD? I am really thinking of makeing an offer, as I am in college, a moble is not needed but would be sweet, considering the marginal differance between it and the mini on low end basic tasks...btw, combo drive?
  • Reply 4 of 10
    30gig and yes it has the combo drive. I have a spare 40 gig drive I could throw in that you could put in a firewire enclosure.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    hmmm....How much are you asking?
  • Reply 6 of 10
    $500 OBO
  • Reply 7 of 10
    I am waiting for my W2 forms, but that is just a technicality, I should be getting more than enough back.

I just remembered that I need wifi, do you have an ap card laying arround (apple doesnt sell them)
  • Reply 8 of 10
    Already installed. Thought I mentioned that, sorry.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by GreggWSmith

Already installed. Thought I mentioned that, sorry.

hoooooooooooooolyyyyyyyyyy somke!!! this deal just keeps getting better....cant wait till the corprate Sloths get my W2s to me...

I cannot wait to get an Apple at my disposal
  • Reply 10 of 10
    Let me know.