New Powermacs and Powerbooks 15th March.

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
The timing of this promo gives us a 90% chance of upgrades on the 15th March. Upgrades/bumps used to be easy to spot but Apple has not done this in a while.

Watch this space.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 17
    it doesn't mean new bumped pb would arrive march 15th... \
  • Reply 2 of 17
    Beware the Ides of March.
  • Reply 3 of 17
    Quote:

Originally posted by ChevalierMalFet

?
  • Reply 4 of 17
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ChevalierMalFet

Also an Iron Maiden song.
  • Reply 5 of 17
    Enzo, fell asleep in class did you? Shakespeare/Julius Caesar was killed on March 15th, the Ides of March, and was warned of such before it happened. Hence, "Beware the IDEs of March."
  • Reply 6 of 17
    i missed that \

anyway, i don't think it will come out mid march !
  • Reply 7 of 17
    Quote:

Originally posted by enzo0511

?

"Beware the Ides of March" was said to roman emperor Cesar - and he should've paid some attention to the warning, 'cause on that very day (Ides of March = March 15th) he was murdered...

Edit: ChevalierMalFet, you beat me
  • Reply 8 of 17
    Quote:

Originally posted by Addison

The timing of this promo gives us a 90% chance of upgrades on the 15th March. Upgrades/bumps used to be easy to spot but Apple has not done this in a while.

Watch this space.

Hmm. I thought the exact same thing when I saw the promo extension. I am hoping no bump comes in the next couple of weeks. I am thinking they are farther along with the dual core chips then people know and are going to do something about it soon. Come one the mac mini is the equivalent of the 12" PB. However, I do know one thing for sure. I need to stop reading these forums about "when" the mystery PB is coming out and get on with my life? Aren't there more important things to consider! Gosh!
  • Reply 9 of 17
    it's kinda good that this might take a while cos i don't really have the money at the moment!
  • Reply 10 of 17
    I'm kind of embarased to be so harnesed to rumors and upgrade cycles for a tool in my office... BUT I AM! I need to find a PowerMacupgrade anonumous group of something. I have 10K to spend (ariving in March) for a 2d/video prduction workstation. I probably wont have a budget like this again for a long time, so it's tough knowing a "Godzilla Mac" (quoted from qnother PM upgrade thread here or at Apple Nova I believe) might be released at WWDC in the Fall, and a small 'bump' will probably come out when i have the cash available is making me a little crazy. I mean come on, whatever the bumped version top of the line PM shipes soon will be more than powerful enough for my work. (large format printing mostly, with some FCP work on the side). So whats my freakin problem? I think i need thearapy...
  • Reply 11 of 17
    quambquamb Posts: 143member
    this is good news! hopefully the new pm's will have more then just slight speed increases.

well, looks like am gonna wait for march (will be without a computer for almost a month now- *sob*)
  • Reply 12 of 17
    So, before Apple extended this promo, was there a 90% of upgrades on Jan 10th??
  • Reply 13 of 17
    After last year's G5 update fiasco, I won't trust any promos as a sign for updates. WWDC.
  • Reply 14 of 17
    bergzbergz Posts: 1,045member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ThinkingDifferent

So, before Apple extended this promo, was there a 90% of upgrades on Jan 10th??

ThinkingTheSame.

--B
  • Reply 15 of 17
    addisonaddison Posts: 1,185member
    Quite possibly, Jan 10th is in the other 10%. The extension just means they were not ready, and now they "Know" they should be ready for March 15th.
  • Reply 16 of 17
    promos usually don't match with product life cycles so there is no chance that new pb would come out that late !

perhaps next tuesday (i hope) or later in feb but definitely not in march
  • Reply 17 of 17
    March 15th can only me one thing. The Incredibles is coming out on DVD that day so that must mean the new PMs and PB are going to be Incredible!

Chas