.Mac "usage" option greyed out

zozo
Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
In .Mac you can determine how much space you want to give to your email inbox and how much to your online disk. I had put mine to 20MB inbox, but now need more. Thing is, the "usage" folder option is always greyed out... can I only do it once or something??? wtf?

Btw, to get to this option, go into your Mail and select Folders and you'll see that one of the top icons is "usage"

Thats gotta be the most illogical place to put it, but whatever... mustve been a windows developer

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Quote:

Originally posted by ZO

In .Mac you can determine how much space you want to give to your email inbox and how much to your online disk. I had put mine to 20MB inbox, but now need more. Thing is, the "usage" folder option is always greyed out... can I only do it once or something??? wtf?

Btw, to get to this option, go into your Mail and select Folders and you'll see that one of the top icons is "usage"

Thats gotta be the most illogical place to put it, but whatever... mustve been a windows developer

ZO,

It's greyed out for me too in the mail section. But you can also change it in Account/Storage Settings.

Hope that helps .
  • Reply 2 of 2
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    ha.. so it does.

that was probably the most unfriendly experience I've ever had with an Apple product. Not logical at all.

Almost worse than trying to share any specific folder on a network... which is impossible.