What to do?!!

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Hi,

Ive recently bought a iMac G5 1.6Ghz and added an extra 256mb RAM to it. The iMac is plenty fast as currently ive been using it for internet and Photoshop. I sold my iMac G3 600mhz so that I could play more newer games but since buying the new im mac ive not bothred much with the games.

So anyways as the new mac mini has been released at a very tempting price I was thinking of selling the iMac G5 and buy a mini with the cool see through Apple 17" CRT. Also if I did that I would have lots of cash spare from the sale of my iMac G5 and would probably buy a second hand iBook as im going to Uni next year and would need it for my graphics course.

Would the Mini cope with medium Photoshop work and maby the odd WOW and COD.

Is it wise to sell the iMac for a less future proof machine

Help please!!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Quote:

Originally posted by imac600mhz

Hi,

Ive recently bought a iMac G5 1.6Ghz and added an extra 256mb RAM to it. The iMac is plenty fast as currently ive been using it for internet and Photoshop. I sold my iMac G3 600mhz so that I could play more newer games but since buying the new im mac ive not bothred much with the games.

So anyways as the new mac mini has been released at a very tempting price I was thinking of selling the iMac G5 and buy a mini with the cool see through Apple 17" CRT. Also if I did that I would have lots of cash spare from the sale of my iMac G5 and would probably buy a second hand iBook as im going to Uni next year and would need it for my graphics course.

Would the Mini cope with medium Photoshop work and maby the odd WOW and COD.

Is it wise to sell the iMac for a less future proof machine

Help please!!

not sure if the mini would work with the display, it uses the different connector, you may be able to get it to work with the adapter.. I would stick with the imac g5