Are NEW Powerbooks in the apple stores yet?

hirhir
Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Any spottings of the new PBs?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 23
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    I was at the Salem, NH store today. They are expecting demo models in 'late February'.
  • Reply 2 of 23
    I got the same response from the one in San Diego. (kinda sucks)
  • Reply 3 of 23
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    Damn, this sucks. I thought they'd get them soon like they got the iMacs for demo models last year after they were released.
  • Reply 4 of 23
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    You'd think Apple would have a box at the Apple Stores that says, "Don't open until after the Keynote(tm)."
  • Reply 5 of 23
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    That puts me in a bind because I don't want to buy one until after I can get my hands on it and try it out. No one here thinks CompUSA would have them sooner. That could never happen.
  • Reply 6 of 23
    not here in atlanta either... wish I'd know before I drove through rush hour traffic. Oh well.. I can't wait to see one in person... I'm really wanting the 12" one (tax return)
  • Reply 7 of 23
    idaveidave Posts: 1,283member
    Littleton said late February for demo of the Large, and possibly mid-January for demo of the Small.
  • Reply 8 of 23
    Time frames are what SJ mentioned during Keynote. He never said, "they're availabe now". He said "Two weeks" and "February". Demo units were all at MWSF. Some may possibly be sent along to the Apple Stores shortly.

[ 01-11-2003: Message edited by: MacsRGood4U ]</p>
  • Reply 9 of 23
    I was at the Cambridge, MA store yesterday and I was told they were getting one demo 12" G4 PowerBook next week. Whether that's true remains to be seen. I'll post back when I see it.

Des
  • Reply 10 of 23
    [quote]Originally posted by desordre:

<strong>I was at the Cambridge, MA store yesterday and I was told they were getting one demo 12" G4 PowerBook next week. Whether that's true remains to be seen. I'll post back when I see it.

Des</strong><hr></blockquote>

Sounds good. Thanks. I'll check my Apple Store next week.
  • Reply 11 of 23
    how many demo units did they have on the floor at the Expo?? i figure that they go back to apple to be cleaned and quickly checked over for abuse and stability (clean install the os again) and then overnighted to the stores....did they have 50 units at the expo?? i think a week after the expo sounds right to have the demo units shipped out to the stores...g
  • Reply 12 of 23
    I believe the new iMacs were shipped to stores after they were debuted at MacWorld last year.
  • Reply 13 of 23
    [quote]Originally posted by MacsRGood4U:

<strong>I believe the new iMacs were shipped to stores after they were debuted at MacWorld last year.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yeah, they were
  • Reply 14 of 23
    I meant to say, demos were sent but the iMacs didn't ship for a month.
  • Reply 15 of 23
    trevormtrevorm Posts: 841member
    I bet it will take a good while for them to hit sotes in Australia!

• Reply 16 of 23
    I was waiting for my dad to pick me up tonight from the mall and I saw a couple of Apple Store employees walking out of the mall so I asked them when the PBs would be coming in. They said the 12" would be in in 2 weeks and the 17" will be in in February.
  • Reply 17 of 23
    but, EbOy, is that 2 weeks for stock of the 12" and feb for stock of the 17...as in, actual laptops to sell to customers...or is that 2 weeks for a demo of the 12" and feb for a demo of lapzilla??? i think they may get a demo model sooner to show off and get pre-sales going....keep checking that store...especially if it is the big one in NYC...they should get a demo or two for sure....g
  • Reply 18 of 23
    I don't know, I asked when they'd have any in the store so I don't know if they thought that I meant to buy or ones on display.
  • Reply 19 of 23
    [quote]Originally posted by thegelding:

<strong>but, EbOy. . .</strong><hr></blockquote>

Dad to pick you up from the mall? Sounds like EgiRl to me.

• Reply 20 of 23
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    Pasadena has a demo unit Little Al in store, MacNN has links to picks. Lots of pics, about 30, I downloaded them all, this wait is killing me.