OSX - Safari slow typing

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Hey, I'm having a problem with Safari and posting on forums... more specifically vBulletin. Its very slow, almost like it would be on an old computer..

BTW, I'm on a brand new iBook G4 1.33, 256MB ram, and a Powerbook G4, 1.33 256MB of ram.

its odd because its only on certain sites, on this site i can type fine, but on other sites, its almost as if the keyboard can't keep up with the way I'm typing.. there is a delay between the time I hit the letter and the time it shows up on the screen....what would cause this?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    rara Posts: 623member
    It happens because of all the animated smily gifs on the page. For some reason gifs slow down Safari quite a bit. If you resize the page so the smilies aren't showing, things speed right back up.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    keshkesh Posts: 621member
    Hopefully to be fixed in Tiger.

Hopefully.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    iposteriposter Posts: 1,560member
    That happens to me allot when posting here at AI....
  • Reply 4 of 5
    hmm, thats odd, it doesn't happen here at AI for me, just www.hardcoreware.net
  • Reply 5 of 5
    PithHelmet will fix this, it wipes out almost all ads and halts the animated ones.

Lately Safari has been very slow and very unstable on my system. I'm thinking of doing a full OS X reinstall on a clean HD, since I've been doing the archive installs since 10.1. Other than "general system malaise," I have little idea what's to cause these problems.