Bluetooth

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I seem to be having a bit of trouble with bluetooth on my powerbook g4. I have an apple bluetooth mouse and keyboard and they don't want to connect to my PB. I have been using them for about 2 weeks with no problem but today when I turned on my computer they wouldn't connect. This happened once before though the last time I just reconnected them in system prefs though the mouse and keyboard icon. However this time they did not appear in this icon, and to things worse my bluetooth icon is missing in the system prefs. Now my powerbook is saying the bluetooth hardware is missing!

I have reinstalled the mouse and keyboard software and came up with nothing. I have also put in new batteries. Does anyone know whats up here. I'm clueless...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    I just fully shut down my powerbook and turned it on again and now everything is working fine. Before I posted I had restated the machine but nothing changed so i guess shutting it down did the trick. However If anyone knows why I had this problem in the first place please let me know!

Thanks!