Computer waking up on its own

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Last night I put my eMac to sleep and it woke up right away. This happened two times before, but last night it happened twice in a row. And, about 15 minutes later it randomly awoke.

About two weeks ago I got an Apple bluetooth keyboard, MacMice bt mouse, and Lynksys bt adapter. This only happened after I got the bt setup. Does anyone know if this is related or just a coincidence? As well, how can I rectify this??

As well, the mouse is not turning on properly anymore. How quickly does the battery go on these things?? Today I tried to conserve battery by turning off mouse then turning it on when Im going to use it, but then I cannot get it to work without re-pairing it.

Any kind of assistance would be great. Cheers!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    gene cleangene clean Posts: 3,481member
    Well it seems to me that the BT adapter is waking up your eMac as its trying to establish a connection with the wireless devices.

Try disabling BT when your eMac sleeps and enable it when you wake up. Don't know if you can do it (no BT here), but search for options in System Preferences.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    By disabling the bluetooth, my mouse and keyboard would be rendered useless, making it impossible to reconnect without a wired mouse.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    maybe you can use some other device, like a phone to wake it up. don't know if you can do it, but that's just what I would try.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    The keyboard works beautifully, I think that the mouse is the culprit in all this. Does anyone have the MacMice Bt and have any problems with it? As well, has anyone experienced their computer waking up on its own separately? I dont know if its related to the BT issue or not, the mouse might just be sucking up battery like crazy and thats all thats wrong with the mouse.

Also, does anyone know of any other BT mice that have decent lastability on one set of batteries?
  • Reply 5 of 6
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Cam'ron

The keyboard works beautifully, I think that the mouse is the culprit in all this. Does anyone have the MacMice Bt and have any problems with it? As well, has anyone experienced their computer waking up on its own separately? I dont know if its related to the BT issue or not, the mouse might just be sucking up battery like crazy and thats all thats wrong with the mouse.

Also, does anyone know of any other BT mice that have decent lastability on one set of batteries?

you could try turning off the keyboard and mouse when the computer sleeps or unplugging the bluetooth adapter when it sleeps.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    my iSub wakes my iMac up all the time