How much will a new video card help performance

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hi everyone,

I have a 867MHZ powermac with a gig of ram and a 32mb agp video card. Performance has been fine up til now, but on iphoto 5 setting up the ken burns effect is really too slow. (when dragging the image it jerks along badly). In addition I plan to go to tiger when it comes out and from what I read, tiger likes to run with 64mb of video ram. So if I buy, for example, the Radeon 9000 pro mac edition, what do folks think that will do to my iphoto/photoshop performance?

Thanks, Dave

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Quote:

Originally posted by David_R

Hi everyone,

I have a 867MHZ powermac with a gig of ram and a 32mb agp video card. Performance has been fine up til now, but on iphoto 5 setting up the ken burns effect is really too slow. (when dragging the image it jerks along badly). In addition I plan to go to tiger when it comes out and from what I read, tiger likes to run with 64mb of video ram. So if I buy, for example, the Radeon 9000 pro mac edition, what do folks think that will do to my iphoto/photoshop performance?

Thanks, Dave

it will definitely improve, but i dunno by how much. if you're gonna get tiger with that system then go for it.