iBook shipped...in Alaska for 2 days...when do you call and complain?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
My iBook shipped on Feb. 2nd via UPS from China. Landed in Alaska on the 3rd, and has not moved since. I ordered expedited shipping so I thought that meant 3 days worse case scenario.

At what point is it considered "ok" to call and ask what is going on? If I don't get it Monday?

It's like Christmas...I can't wait.

Eric

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    I think you should call Fedex and check on the package.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    I called Apple and asked about my iBook. They called UPS and UPS claims that is has cleared customs and is due to be shipped by the end of business on Tuesday.

Great! However, I paid for expedited shipping (2 - 3 day). My iMac arrived in two business days. If the iBook doesn't get here until Tuesday, that would make 4 business days. The lesson is I should have saved the $18...

I am through whining...but I am still staring at the front door waiting.

Eric
  • Reply 3 of 4
    If you paid for 2-3 day shipping and it takes 4 or more to get there, you are due a refund for the shipping. I would call and complain. The same thing happended to my buddy last week. The tracking report showed his ibook was in Alaska for 4 days. When he called, they told him it got lost for a few days and showed up in Kentucky. We are in California and it took another few days.

I say you should push for a full refund on the shipping.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    More venting...

Called back today because the package has not moved since Feb. 3. (I am guessing it got stolen at the UPS wharehouse).

They will put a tracer on it and get back with me in 4 or 5 business days. Puh-lease! This is the second time this has happened with Apple on only 4 orders.

Eric