iBook 14" G4 933mhz Screen Just Died

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Hi all, this is in current hardware because I don't need any help on the forums right now, but wanted to highlight and share experience with current hardware.

After 1 year, I started noticing two faint white spots on the lcd screen... no biggie.. Then today, lcd started getting really bright white, then when I restarted the iBook, nothing but weird vertical lines. LCD is dead.

Everything else seems fine because I am able to connect it to an old crappy external VGA monitor lying around. Luckily i RESET NVRAM AND PRAM** to remove all trace of the screen spanning hack bwah ha ha ha ha ha

there should be no issues with getting a replacement lcd i hope, iBook, in all good faith, has been treated decently. now the 1 year old, original warranty just lapsed, wisely I made sure my dad got the full 3 year appleCare when we bought it....

i look forward to being calm but persistent, and ensuring a nice shiny new LCD without too long a wait.

where i am living there is a major national holiday so will be 1 week before i can go to an AASP, in the meantime i will just check and do backups on my poor crappy 800x600 VGA monitor but otherwise iBook working well, 256mb of RAM to boot..!

**resetting NVram and pram was at first a bit confusing because i didn't know you had to hear two 'BOINGS' then let go of command-option-p-r