New iBook G4/New Mac User

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Hello all!

My greatest dreams for the past months have finally come true: i grew big enough cahones to go to CompUSA and drop the dough on my brand new iBook G4. Lucky for me, they were having a one day only sale on all Apple notebooks yesterday, so I got it for $973. Anyways, who knows if this is the right place to be posting this, but I just wanted some welcoming and all that. The PC community (WinXP), especially tech support, has been lacking...I hear much better things about the Apple community and am hoping to become part of it. Whoo hoo!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    guarthoguartho Posts: 1,208member
    Quote:

Originally posted by snoslicer8

Hello all!

My greatest dreams for the past months have finally come true: i grew big enough cahones to go to CompUSA and drop the dough on my brand new iBook G4. Lucky for me, they were having a one day only sale on all Apple notebooks yesterday, so I got it for $973. Anyways, who knows if this is the right place to be posting this, but I just wanted some welcoming and all that. The PC community (WinXP), especially tech support, has been lacking...I hear much better things about the Apple community and am hoping to become part of it. Whoo hoo!

*Throws some welcoming towards snoslicer8* Welcome to AI. I have the first-gen iBook G4 and I love love love it. I hope you find this forum as helpful as I have.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    mcqmcq Posts: 1,543member
    Welcome! Congrats on the iBook. Enjoy your stay.

MacNN and Arstechnica have some good forums as well for help and advice.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    Welcome!

Heh.

That's all I can offer, but if you have any specific questions you'll be much happier then over in Windows XP tech hell.

Do you have any specific questions?
  • Reply 4 of 10
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    Congrats!!! I just got my 12" iBook today. This 12" is the ultimate in protability!!!

My iMac G5 was my first mac back on the first of December.

These mac's rock! You will be glad you switched.

Eric
  • Reply 5 of 10
    Congrats! I switched with a Powerbook G4 and I now own 3 macs!
  • Reply 6 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by lewd0006

Congrats! I switched with a Powerbook G4 and I now own 3 macs!

lewd, congrats on the applestore job ;-) !!

snoslicer8, *WELCOME*

http://switchcraft.blogspot.com
  • Reply 7 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by sunilraman

lewd, congrats on the applestore job ;-) !!

snoslicer8, *WELCOME*

http://switchcraft.blogspot.com

Thanks! Sorry to hear about the iBook, and about hijacking this thread!
  • Reply 8 of 10
    Quote:

Thanks! Sorry to hear about the iBook, and about hijacking this thread!

no worries

oh yeah about the iBook, for the year that it was all working, i cant tell you how pleased my parents have been (it's actually my dads for the first 9+months of it's life) and how it simply meets their daily needs without all the hassle I had to help them with... when we had pee cees..8)
  • Reply 9 of 10
    it's just funny how little mac owners complain when something DOES go wrong with our computers. we still freak out, but we understand it's just such an abnormal thing. if our computers die, we mourn them and we just keep on buying macs because of what they had been over the years. i remember being pissed about my PC crashing for the hundreth time and not knowing what to do because i didn't know of any other real alternatives. how foolish i was
  • Reply 10 of 10
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Quote:

it's just funny how little mac owners complain when something DOES go wrong with our computers. we still freak out, but we understand it's just such an abnormal thing. if our computers die, we mourn them and we just keep on buying macs because of what they had been over the years. i remember being pissed about my PC crashing for the hundreth time and not knowing what to do because i didn't know of any other real alternatives. how foolish i was

yeah that used to surprise me about mac owners these past several years... i think whatever experience they've had when it was always working is so good that when something does go wrong, they treat it as a chance to be thankful about being on macs not pcs...

jeez, getting really preachy here 8)

but i won't be burying my iBook in the backyard anytime, its just a major national holiday where i am so next week it's off to AppleServiceCenter (the mall's kinda next door to where i live) to go gimee gimee gimee...! a new lcd screen, that is, should be 100% covered by full AppleCare (I advised my dad to get it because we anticipated using the iBook fully for a good 3 years at least)... maybe at the end of this year we could pop a 512 or 1 gig ram and cruise out the iBook's 3rd year.....!

take care y'all... and to the dude that started this thread and aplnub, enjoy your 12 inches of 'Book