hp printig problem

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I've tried to print on an hp psc1315, but it doesnt work. im on a wireless network, and it does find the printer with the ip adress, but in the add printer option, there is no psc1315, i downloaded the driver, but it still doesnt appear. i have a g3 ibook with panther, and the printer is plugged to a pc. any ideas? suggestiond? size and weight of the hammer to smash the printer?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by paintworm

I've tried to print on an hp psc1315, but it doesnt work. im on a wireless network, and it does find the printer with the ip adress, but in the add printer option, there is no psc1315, i downloaded the driver, but it still doesnt appear. i have a g3 ibook with panther, and the printer is plugged to a pc. any ideas? suggestiond? size and weight of the hammer to smash the printer?

When you choose the printer type to add, are you selecting "HP IP Printer" from the drop down?

I had something like "Generic Printer" selected and couldn't find my HP cp1700. Also downloading the newest drivers/installer from HP might help?

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...=374575&os=219

Good luck,

Martin.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    Ive tried it all. i got the driver, tried every solution my limited computer knowledge could muster, but nothing. could it be a problem with either the computer or the printer? all the other computers over the network are pc's and they have no problem printing thou... i tried it when i had jaguar, i updated to panther and tried again. nothing. nada.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    Quote:

Ive tried it all. i got the driver, tried every solution my limited computer knowledge could muster, but nothing. could it be a problem with either the computer or the printer? all the other computers over the network are pc's and they have no problem printing thou... i tried it when i had jaguar, i updated to panther and tried again. nothing. nada.

is appletalk enabled?
  • Reply 4 of 8
    Yup. i enabled appletalk and still nothing. i installed the driver again, and when i opened the add printer windows, it said it was searching for new drivers, and found it, but it still did not display it. then when it tried to discover the printer, nothing showed up. i tried putting the printers ip manually, and still nothing...
  • Reply 5 of 8
    Quote:

Yup. i enabled appletalk and still nothing. i installed the driver again, and when i opened the add printer windows, it said it was searching for new drivers, and found it, but it still did not display it. then when it tried to discover the printer, nothing showed up. i tried putting the printers ip manually, and still nothing...

Can you ping it (in a terminal "ping <PRINTER_IP>" it may be a connectivity rather than printing problem?

Good luck,

Martin.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    I tried the ping thing, it says "tcsh: Missing name for redirect." what does that mean?
  • Reply 7 of 8
    Quote:

I tried the ping thing, it says "tcsh: Missing name for redirect." what does that mean?

It's a syntax error. Did you type <PRINTER_IP>?

Sorry, what I meant by <PRINTER_IP> was the IP address of the printer, the same as when you tried to add it manually to the Printer List.

Cheers,

Martin.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    Yeah, its not working. it says that same thing... thanks anyway! im gonna keep on messing around with it, if nothing comes up im gonna have to go to the last resource... tech support! *gasp!*

thanks!