New PowerBook Trackpad Slow to Respond??

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
MacFixit is reporting (http://www.macfixit.com/article.php?...50206230903309) that some users receiving the new PowerBooks are having problems with mouse movement using the new Trackpads. The complaint is that mouse movement is very slow, and even setting the mouse speed to fastest in System Preferences doesn't help. Can anyone in this forum confirm this issue?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    I just got a new PB a few hours ago. No problems. The double finger scroll function is very nice. If the arrow is over a page it works. But, if the pointer is off to the side of the page, two fingers gives you nothing. Very cool and simple.

Edit: even cooler, I just noticed it scrolls horizontal as well. I'm reading a PDF file and I zoomed in on the document to aid my aging eyes. Consequently both columns of text are not visable at the same time. However, two fingers on the track pad and I can easil go up and down, left and right.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    I bought the new 12" PB last week and have not noticed any lag with the pad to this point. I do like the 2 finger scroll for surfing.