Yahoo E-Mail Notification Software

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I love my gmail status software which tells me whats going on on my google mail account, it just occured to me there is no particular reason that a similar program wouldn't exist for Yahoo (os x, duh)...anyone able to help?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    Quote:

Originally posted by blackbeard

I love my gmail status software which tells me whats going on on my google mail account, it just occured to me there is no particular reason that a similar program wouldn't exist for Yahoo (os x, duh)...anyone able to help?

Do you have the POP mail option? If yes, you can download any one of many POP Mail notifiers. Check out Versiontracker.com and search "Yahoo" or "pop mail".

Otherwise, it could be possible that when you use Adium ( www.adiumx.com ) and are logged in, you get pop ups telling you when you got mail. Adium, imo, is the best multi protocol instant messenger anyway, so, worth a try.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:

Originally posted by blackbeard

What's wrong with using Yahoo Messenger?

That will tell you when mail comes in!