quality of albums created in iPhoto?

zozo
Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Heya

I was wondering if anyone has made these before. Im very tempted to make a nice bigg album.

Are the pictures nice and glossy and rich or what?

I had heard in past that quality of prints was so so.

If they're no good, can you reccomend another solution?

Thanx

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    You mean the books? Yeah, they're not photo-paper quality like you'd get if you had them developed. They're about what you'd get if you printed on high quality paper on a good quality inkjet printer. I didn't have any problem with it, and thought it was nice, but if your expectations are that it's going to be like you'd get from regular photos but on a book, you're going to be disappointed.

I should note that I haven't made one recently - it's been about a year.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Made on just before x-mas. They are a tad blasé ( is that the word ? ) but I am happy about it though. I am the only on in the family who can do this stuff and it impress everybody.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    mmmpiemmmpie Posts: 628member
    Quote:

Originally posted by zenarcade

Made on just before x-mas. They are a tad blasé ( is that the word ? ) but I am happy about it though. I am the only on in the family who can do this stuff and it impress everybody.

I got a couple made for xmas. They are like a high quality magazine. The paper is nice ( not as heavy as a photo ), but the printing falls far short of a good inkjet. The pattern in the print is clearly visible. Im hoping that the new double sided books are of higher quality.

This is in contrast to the individual prints, which are better than what you will get from an inkjet.

In the end you can print the book yourself, and then you just need to bind it. That can be a nice personal touch for a gift. I use an Epson R300, and it gives much better results than the iphoto book service.