The almighty Bluetooth mouse search...

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
OK. So I think that I am in the same boat with many people.

I have a powerbook and iMac G5 with built in bluetooth that I want to use. I want a wireless mouse.

I got the Apple BT mouse last year for christmas, and I really liked it. Well, a spring fell off when I went to change the batteries and now it doesn't work.

So I've been using a crappy Microsoft mouse with 2 buttons and a scroll wheel. While the second button doesn't really matter to me, the scroll wheel is great!

So now I'm in the market for a new mouse.

These are my requirements:

Attractive Design (Hey I'm a Mac user!)

Excellent build quality

Scroll Wheel

Desktop Size (not one of those little portable mice)

So what bluetooth mice are you guys using?

I'm looking at the Kensington Pilot Mouse Bluetooth because I've felt the regular Pilot mouse and it feels really great in your hand and thought to myself- why don't they make this in bluetooth!?! Now they do!

I've considered the Logitech and the Microsoft one, but I'm not sure how compatible these are and don't like the feeling of 1000 buttons.

I hear the Belkin one is nice too.

So give me your thoughts!

Cheers!

-taco

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    This topic has been brought up and discussed several times. Any rate, here is good choice for a BT Mouse.

GO BLUE!
  • Reply 2 of 6
    celcocelco Posts: 211member
    Actually I hate to say this but M$ makes a really good BT mouse IMO otherwise think of using a M$ wireless optical, (Hate the large dongle though )Blue Moon mouse Im using on on my G5 for this tilt scroll wheel especially cool for illustrator and PS.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    It's true.. Microsoft makes the best BT mouse. In my opinion, a 5 button mouse is also essential for using Expose too. It's clearly meant to be a mouse function.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by lewd0006

It's true.. Microsoft makes the best BT mouse. In my opinion, a 5 button mouse is also essential for using Expose too. It's clearly meant to be a mouse function.

So what version should I get? The newer one or the older one?
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by tacojohn

So what version should I get? The newer one or the older one?

This one is fine:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...MP=OTC-FROOGLE
  • Reply 6 of 6
    I had the MacMice BT and have to say that it was not good at all. IT was great for a week, after that it would lose connection when I put the computer to sleep. I would have to re-pair the device every time I turned on the computer. If you are looking for a bluetooth mouse get the Logitech one. I decided just to go with the Laser mouse by them and appreciate the charger for it, will save a lot on batteries and connected beautifully. As well, it has Mac Driver support.

Side note, I had a brilliant employee of Futureshop tell me that bluetooth mice weren't going to be carried anymore due to lack of demand and that everything was going laser. (this was after I asked where the Microsoft and Logitech BT mice were). As well, he said it was because only one bluetooth device can work at a time. I had to hold back from calling him a lying sack of shit. Clearly he was either bullshitting his way through or was told that from someone else. How can someone say that laser has anything to do with bluetooth. I didn't realize that the way the mouse tracked had anything to do with how the computer recognized it!